A fire fighting suit is designed predominantly to protect the wearer from heat and flame but other factors must be taken into consideration when deciding what the correct fit is for the wearer. The high thermal values incorporated into the suits means that it is essential that the fit is not too tight; encouraging an free air flow.
- instantly ready for use
- quick donning
- self adjusting head harness
- elasticated neck seal gives additional protection against inward leakage of gas and smoke to the face and eyes
- made of a heat resistant material to protect the head from radiant heat
- large panoramic lens provides an almost natural field of vision
- exhalation valve located at the neck seal where it is protected from smoke and dirt
- protection is provided against a wide spectrum of contaminants – smoke particles, toxic and irritating gases e.g. carbon monoxide, acrolein, chlorine, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen cyanide, sulphur dioxide and hydrogen sulphide
- effectively protects for 15 minutes or longer dependent on the contamination concentrate.