The ALTAIR 4X is an extremely durable Multigas Detector that simultaneously measures up to four gases from a wide range of XCell(R) sensor options including combustible gases, O₂, CO, H₂S, SO₂ and NO₂. The ALTAIR 4X Detector surpasses industry standards in several crucial areas. Its four-year sensor life is 60% longer than the industry average, while its 24-hour run time exceeds the industry average by 71%. This versatile portable detector is a perfect match for industries ranging from fire fighting to welding, and its digital sensor output makes it less likely to suffer from RF interference. The unit features exclusive MotionAlert™, which lets others know if the user has become immobile, and InstantAlert™, a manual alarm that alerts others of potentially dangerous situations. This rugged unit is designed to withstand a drop of up to 20 ft (6m) and uses less than half as much calibration gas as the industry average.
- Quickly update MSA ALTAIR 4XR settings via the ALTAIR CONNECT APP
- Senses gas 2 time faster than the industry average with our XCELL sensors
- Send event notifications via text with the ALTAIR CONNECT APP.
- Can survive an incidental 25 foot (7.5M) drop onto concrete\
- Survives 25 drops from 4 feet (1.2M) (MIL-STD-810G 516.6 Transit Drop 3 Party Cert)
- Dust and waterproof IP68 rating (2M for at least 1 hour)
- Operating temp range: -40F to +140F (-40C to +60C).
- Confirm compliance quickly with the Bump LED & on-screen checkmark
- 4-year instrument & sensor warranty
- Bump & calibrate with ½ the test gas and in ½ the time vs. industry average
- MotionAlert option tells other that user has become immobile
- User-activated InstantAlert notifies others of a potentially dangerous situation.